1.The aim while buying skirts is to add volume to the lower body, wear skirts with pleats and fancy belts to add visual weight to the lower body.
2. Since your lower body is narrower than your body, avoid the skinny fits. The skinny fits will highlight the narrowness of your lower body and in turn, will visually make it seems heavier upper body then it actually is.
3. Have design details highlighting your thighs and hips. Any design detail on the thighs or hips will widen the lower body.
4. Make A-line, flared your best friend. Straight fit should be your second choice for skirts. if you are medium to large then you can wear straight fits.
5. Buy lighter colors it will add an illusion of width to your body
6. Don’t buy styles or shapes that styles and shapes that will have have a slimming effect on your lower body.
7. You can also wear thicker fabrics like an organza or thick cotton
8. Opt for print / pattern that are medium spaced and give an illusion of width