Are you confused while choosing Indian wear at work?
Keep these few pointers in mind while shopping for Indian wear:
- Dont shy away from using colours, remeber the rule of 3. Your outfit (including accessories & makeup) should have 3 colours in total. Keep your formal wear kurtas colourful but not too much jazz.
- Invest in good fabrics. Gogerette, chiffon and polyester are fun fabrics, mostky used for casual or festive wear. Invest in good muted fabrics like cotton and its blend, khadi, linen, silk blends. They look smart plus with blends you dont have to dry clean them everytime you wear it.
- Get a straight structured clothing silhoutte. A straight kurta looks good on all body types. An anarkali will give a casual or a fun feel.
- Use cotton / silk churidars or best use pallazo or straight fit pants. Leggings are the worst thing to happen to Indian wear, they take the shape of the body thus not giving a very chic look to the outfit.
- Use print and pattern sparingly. Invest in more classic prints like a paisely, ikkat or shibori. If your kurta has pattern all over, than take care the print is small in size plus very narrow spaced.
Am sure these tips will help.
Blog Rights Reserved : Blog posts at Styling ReDefine are written by Jainee Gandhi of Image ReDefine, unless stated otherwise. The layout of the blog is created with an agency and we refair others to copy this.
Blog Usage : Content on the blog can be downloaded, printed or reused for personal use only. Content created on the blog is owned by Styling ReDefine and one cannot use it for commercial purpose unless authorized in writing from Jainee Gandhi.
Reviews : Brand reviews are of the products that Jainee Gandhi has used personally and Event Reviews are of events that Jainee Gandhi or a representative from Image ReDefine has attended. All paid reviews whether event or brand will be marked as a marketing post on top of the blog post. Users to buy that product or attend the event at their sole discretion. We will not review the products that dont meet our standard and will not share wrong informations to our blog readers.
Third Party Links: We have tagged third party links on our blog for the sole purpose of explaining a certain blog. We do not promote or make representation of any third party website. If the reader wishes to access the third party website, it is at their sole discretion.
Thank you for Participating :Styling ReDefine is a passion and an aim to simplify styling for everyone. Would love to have your feedbacks on the post, repost it to your facebook or twitter or other social media channels to help us help others. The blogs are constantly updated and added to make it more relevant for the readers.
Disclaimer :Styling ReDefine is a part of an Image Consulting firm Image ReDefine. The post are not copied from any other blogs, this is our take on various topics related to grooming & styling. The Body Shape blogs are an Interpretation of Judith Rasbands‘ work on Body Shape.
Connect : Please connect with Jainee Gandhi at Jainee@ImageReDefine.com for any further queries, reviews, advertisment or giveaways.
This is my series post from a mom to mom-to-be.
Pregnancy brings about a lot of change emotionally and physically. Dont let those mood swings and hormones dictate what to wear.
When investing in Kurtas or Tunics :
1. Invest in Kurtas that relaxed fit for the for the first and second trimester , and loose fit for the thrid trimester.
2. Check the fabrics, use weather friendly fabrics. For example for a hot and humid climate use more cottons and bit of blends.
3. Straight fit Knee length kurtas, work very well for work as well for semi formal events
4. Simple kurtas can be used for various ocassions from work to fun
5. Pakistani suits, that is kurtas teamed with loose pants / pallazo are a boon for the third trimester.
I draped a saree after 5 odd years and it was not as difficult as it was in my mind 😜
Draped saree in Gujarati style and have worn a corn jacquard top as the blouse.
This was for the change of guard event with FICCI FLO Mumbai.
Saree – Pothys from chennai
Neckpiece – thread peach and red by Gush
– Gold one by Popleys
Bag – Flea Market at Pattaya
Shoes – Nude shoes from Clarks