Are you confused while choosing Indian wear at work?
Keep these few pointers in mind while shopping for Indian wear:
- Dont shy away from using colours, remeber the rule of 3. Your outfit (including accessories & makeup) should have 3 colours in total. Keep your formal wear kurtas colourful but not too much jazz.
- Invest in good fabrics. Gogerette, chiffon and polyester are fun fabrics, mostky used for casual or festive wear. Invest in good muted fabrics like cotton and its blend, khadi, linen, silk blends. They look smart plus with blends you dont have to dry clean them everytime you wear it.
- Get a straight structured clothing silhoutte. A straight kurta looks good on all body types. An anarkali will give a casual or a fun feel.
- Use cotton / silk churidars or best use pallazo or straight fit pants. Leggings are the worst thing to happen to Indian wear, they take the shape of the body thus not giving a very chic look to the outfit.
- Use print and pattern sparingly. Invest in more classic prints like a paisely, ikkat or shibori. If your kurta has pattern all over, than take care the print is small in size plus very narrow spaced.
Am sure these tips will help.