- Hosiery / Stretchy materials will hug your curves so if you are okay with that then opt for those fabrics. if you are a plus size hourglass, then better to avoid this fabric.
- Also, avoid stiff fabrics, it will end up looking boxy. Soft fabrics like knit, soft cotton, silk and blend will gently drape over the body.
- Wrap dresses are great as well. They pull the fabric around the waist without adding extra volume to your bust.
- Fuller hourglasses / Plus size hourglass tend to look top heavy if the necklines are not kept in check. Opt for round, v necks. Avoid boat neck or fully covered necklines.
- Avoid design details that add volume to your bust or hips.
1. Wear fabrics that flow over the body and don’t cling or stick out to the body. So opt for fabrics like georgette, poly cotton, soft cotton and avoid fabrics like brocade or hosiery.
2. Straight fit dresses are apt for this shape, however, if you opt for A-line, keep the waistline clean and simple. 3. Don’t wear any dress, that has a fit and flare, or design detail, embellishment, pattern around the waist. It will highlight the roundness of the midriff.
3. Don’t wear any dress, that has a fit and flare, or design detail, embellishment, pattern around the waist. It will highlight the roundness of the midriff.
4. All design details can be around the shoulder area or hem of the dress.
5. Uneven hemline and small scale will print create interest in the outfit.
6. Wear dresses that are at least knee length to give an illusion of length.
7. Opt for sleeves that end around your bust and not around your stomach.
8. Belts for dresses, pleats or peplum is a complete no.
Rectangular Body Shape have a straight body line, hence the idea is to create a faux waistline.
- Dresses that are pleated or Belted, Peplum, even sheath dresses look lovely on this body shape.
- If you have a small bust an average neck then high necklines work well.
- Dreses with halter necks will give you an appearance of a bigger bust
- Avoid shapeless dresses, for more formal events.
- Anti-fit is a style and is cautious of not overdoing this style.