As discussed in Inverted Triangular Body Shape, the aim it to highlight the lower body.
Few pointers to keep in mind while buying the Denim.
1. Since your lower body is narrower than your body, avoid the skinny fits. The skinny fits will highlight the narrowness of your lower body and in turn, will visually make it seems heavier upper body then it actually is.
2. Have design details highlighting your thighs and hips. Any design detail or the wash or cuts on thighs or hips will widen the lower body.
3. Make boot cut/bell bottom or slightly looser type of denim your best friend. Straight fit should be your second choice for denim. if you are medium to large then you can wear slightly narrow hem.
4. Low rise / Mid-rise / high rise all work well with this body type. As a style tip aways opt for mid-rise, it visually also elongates your body. If you have a midriff or D cup and above bust circumference, then avoid the high rise because that will emphasize on the heavy midriff.
5. Buy lighter colors like a grey or light blue, it will add an illusion of width to your body
6. Don’t buy styles or shapes that styles and shapes that will have have a slimming effect for your lower body.
As discussed , Inverted Triangular Body Shape women will have heavier upper body as compared to their lower body.
Characteristics of an Inverted Triangular Body Shape:
- Heavy Bust
- Broad Shoulders
- Defined Waist Curve
- Narrow Hips & Thighs & Butt
An Inverted triangular body shape can be small, medium or large body frame, depending on their built and other body variations.
With a weight loss or gain Inverted triangular body shape have tends to form another body shape.
- If you have tendency to gain weight on lower body than you can become a Hourglass Body Shape.
My two rules on Shape
- Highlight the narrow lower body.
- Camouflage the upper body.
To know what styles to wear for your body shape read related blogs on
1.The aim while buying skirts is to add volume to the lower body, wear skirts with pleats and fancy belts to add visual weight to the lower body.
2. Since your lower body is narrower than your body, avoid the skinny fits. The skinny fits will highlight the narrowness of your lower body and in turn, will visually make it seems heavier upper body then it actually is.
3. Have design details highlighting your thighs and hips. Any design detail on the thighs or hips will widen the lower body.
4. Make A-line, flared your best friend. Straight fit should be your second choice for skirts. if you are medium to large then you can wear straight fits.
5. Buy lighter colors it will add an illusion of width to your body
6. Don’t buy styles or shapes that styles and shapes that will have have a slimming effect on your lower body.
7. You can also wear thicker fabrics like an organza or thick cotton
8. Opt for print / pattern that are medium spaced and give an illusion of width
Inverted Triangular body shape will have narrow lower body. The idea is to create a broader look for the lower torso.
Opt for styles that will accentuate your hip, butt & thigh.
1. Invest in Culottes, wide leg pants, palazzo, baggy cotton pants.
2. Buy bottoms with embellishments on the side, print & pattern can be medium size widely spaced.
3. Avoid skinny or fitted pants, as they will highlight the narrowness or lower body.
As discussed here, Inverted Triangular body shape women have heavier and / broader upper body.
The trick is to use simple clean lines for tops/ shirts/blousons.
1. Invest in straight fits, wrap tops, prints that run along the top and not just highlighting the shoulders/chest.
2. Avoid wearing tops with wide necklines like a scoop neck or boat neck, this will highlight the broadness of shoulders.
3. If you love wearing off-shoulder tops, balance your body with straight/wide leg trouser
4. Cap /Short sleeves on tops will make your upper body look wider, opt for at least 3/4th sleeves.
5. High neck like a Chinese collar or turtleneck needs to be avoided if you have a heavy bust. A shortcut to this is if you wear Chinese collar than leave the few buttons open to create an illusion of V neckline.