- Flared types of denim like a bootcut / wide leg with a defined waist will look great for this body type.
- Belts are a good way, and you can create an illusion of a waist curve with a contrasting belt for your denim.
- If you are a small to medium body frame, then patterned denim around the hips and bum work well.
- Invest in Denim that can be worn with tops in a way to give an illusion of a waistline.
- Mid waisted denim is perfect for all body types, but your body type can also wear low waisted denim, that create a flow in leg line.
Rectangular Body Shape have a straight body line, hence the idea is to create a faux waistline.
- Dresses that are pleated or Belted, Peplum, even sheath dresses look lovely on this body shape.
- If you have a small bust an average neck then high necklines work well.
- Dreses with halter necks will give you an appearance of a bigger bust
- Avoid shapeless dresses, for more formal events.
- Anti-fit is a style and is cautious of not overdoing this style.
Opt for wider / lower necklines such as deep V, boat neckline to give an illusion of a broader shoulder.
All types of sleeves look good, however, halter necks work the best in a casual environment and 3/4th looks best in a formal setting.
Characteristics of a Rectangular Body Shape:
- Average or Heavy Hips, Thighs and Butt
- No waist curve
- Average or Heavy Shoulders and Bust
- Straight Body Line
A Rectangular body shape can be medium or large body frame, depending on their built and other body variations.
With a weight loss or gain Rectangular body shape have tendencies to form another body shape.
- If you have tendency to gain weight on the midriff than you can become a Diamond Body Shape.
- If you have tendency to gain weight on the upper body than you can become an Inverted Triangular Body Shape.
- If you have tendencies to gain weight on the lower body than you can become a Triangular Body Shape.
- A throughout weight loss can also turn you into a Petitte body.
My two rules on Shape
- Highlight the fact that upper body and lower body are in same line.
- Create an illusion of a waist curve.
To know what styles to wear for your body shape read related blogs on
2. Invest in swimwear that highlights the balanced upper body and lower body, and give an illusion of a waist curve
3. Belted, curved or illusion swimwear works very well for this shape.
4. A bikini works well for this body as it adds some curve to the body.
5. Opt for a block of colors to make the bust and bottom stand out.
As discussed here, Rectangular body shape women need to create an illusion of a waistline.
- Belted trouser, Narrow fit trousers, flared pants with a defined waist are your go-to pants.
- Belts are a good way, and you can create an illusion of a waist curve with a contrasting belt for your trousers.
- Tucking in tops with a regular straight fit pant also adds interest to the outfit and style for this body shape