This is one of the most difficult types of body shape to find denim for, the waist will be smaller than the hips/thighs, hence this constant struggle of whether to buy denim that fits the waist or fits the hips.
Few hardcore tried and tested tips that will make your life easier.
Characteristics of a Triangular Body Shape:
- Heavy Hips,Thighs and Butt
- Defined Waist Curve
- Narrow Shoulders
- Small Bust
A triangular body shape can be small, medium or large body frame, depending on their built and other body variations.
With a weight loss or gain Triangular body shape have tendencies to form another body shape.
- If you have tendency to gain weight on the midriff than you can become a Diamond Body Shape.
- Regular cardio exercising can turn you into an ideal body shape.
My two rules on Shape
- Highlight the narrow upper body .
- Camouflage the lower body.
To know what styles to wear for your body shape read related blogs on
1. Invest in Structured Jackets, they can be with shoulder pads, or there can be embellishments on the shoulders or some fancy pattern.
2. Keep the design detail near/around the bust.
3. Avoid wearing bolero jackets, as they will end right at the waist and highlight the heavy lower body.
4. Wear regular size Mid-hip length jackets to counter the lower body variation.
5. if you want to wear long jackets, see to it they are not boxy or flared hem, add a nip around the waist to give it a waist.
1. The aim while buying skirts is to reduce the visual volume on the lower body.
2. Wear prints that are spread throughout the garment or prints and patterns on the lower hem of the skirt.
3. Try uneven hemlines so that the attention goes away from the heavier lower body to the clothing silhouette.
4. If you have heavier outer thighs, than avoid hosiery or spandex as fabric and prefer fabrics like cottons, cotton blend, linen, Khakhi and such fabrics that don’t stick to the body.
We discussed in Triangular Body Shape , that the main aim for this shape while dressing is to take attention away from lower body i.e. hips & thighs.
- The suggested types of trousers are Straight fit pants, Side zipper pants, self print / micro prints pants.
- Avoid very fitted pants for large size triangle, if you are a small to medium body size, you can opt for narrow fits.
- A pro tip is that if your trosurs have side pockets than, you can get those pockets stiched so that it wont flap out when you wear the trouser.
- With this body shape the chances are high that the waist of trouser will be smaller and hip / thigh will be bigger. In this case buy the bigger size and get your waist altered.