Triangular Body Shape women have heavier thighs and hips and narrow upper body.
When investing in denims, keep in mind to buy darker colours. Any design detail or the wash or cuts on denims should be on the knee or below. Boyfriend denims look very good on this body shape.
Characteristics of a Triangular Body Shape:
- Heavy Hips,Thighs and Butt
- Defined Waist Curve
- Narrow Shoulders
- Small Bust
A triangular body shape can be small, medium or large body frame, depending on their built and other body variations.
With a weight loss or gain Triangular body shape have tendencies to form another body shape.
- If you have tendency to gain weight on the midriff than you can become a Diamond Body Shape.
- Regular cardio exercising can turn you into an ideal body shape.
My two rules on Shape
- Highlight the narrow upper body .
- Camouflage the lower body.
To know what styles to wear for your body shape read related blogs on
Women with Triangular Body Shape need to highlight the upper body.
1. Invest in interesting necklines to get attention to the upper body
2. Wear a small to medium size print throughout
3. Focus on highlighting the bust and shoulders in bikini , monokini or tankini.
Read here for Kaftans for Swimwear.
For Triangular Body Shape, keep the focus on highlighting the upper body and camouflaging the lower body.
1. Wear knee length dresses, this will give an illusion of a balanced body,
2. Prefer straight fit dresses in cotton, soft khadi, polyester , any fabric that does not stick to the body and is light to medium weight.
3. If you want to wear fit and flare or A line dresses, see to it that there are in deign details that focus son the lower body.
As discussed , Triangular Body Shape women will have heavier Lower body as compared to their upper body.
The aim while buying skirts is to reduce the visual volume on the lower body.
Wear prints that are spread throughout the garment or prints and patterns on the lower hem of the skirt. Try uneven hemlines so that the attention goes away from the heavier lower body to the clothing silhouette.
If you have heavier outer thighs, than avoid hosiery or spandex as fabric and prefer more cottons, cotton blend, linen, Khakhi and such fabrics that don’t stick to the body.
We discussed in Triangular Body Shape details, that the main aim for Triangular body shape while dressing is to take attention away from lower body i.e. hips & thighs.
The suggested types of trousers are Straight fit pants, Size zipper pants, self print / micro prints pants. Avoid very fitted pants , if you are a small to medium body size, you can opt for narrow fits.
Triangular Body Shape have a narrower upper body hence the main trick is to balance the upper body with lower body.
Tops that add weight to the upper body will work well, like a wrap blouson, ruffled top, small to medium scale patterns widely spaced, breast pocket, embellishment on the shoulders.
Avoid very fitted tops that highlight the narrowness of the upper torso.