#52weeks52blogs blog 2- classic white shirt – 5 simple styles. When we think of classic white shirt, we think of pairing it with black trousers or blue denims. Sharing 5 quick and simple tricks to style the shirt differently.
Opt for wider / lower necklines such as deep V, boat neckline to give an illusion of a broader shoulder.
All types of sleeves look good, however, halter necks work the best in a casual environment and 3/4th looks best in a formal setting.
As discussed in Hourglass Body Shape, women of this shape have Rounded shoulders, Bust, Hips and thighs with a very narrow waist.
Choose tops accentuate the shoulders and bust and at the same time takes the attention away from narrow waist. Peplum Tops, belted tops, tops with pre defined waist line works very well.
Hosiery / Stretchy materials will hug your curves so if you are okay with that then opt for those fabrics. if you are a plus size hourglass, then better to avoid this fabric.Also, avoid stiff fabrics, it will end up looking boxy. Soft fabrics like knit, soft cotton, silk and blend will gently drape over the body.
Fuller hourglasses / Plus size hourglass tend to look top heavy if the necklines are not kept in check. Opt for round, v necks. Avoid boat neck or fully covered necklines.
Avoid design details that add volume to your bust or hips.
Diamond Body Shape women will have a rounded midriff area, hence the tops that you choose should be such that they don’t attract attention to the midriff.
1. Wear fabrics that flow over the body and don’t cling or stick out to the body. So opt for fabrics like georgette, poly cotton, soft cotton and avoid fabrics like brocade or hosiery.
2. Straight fit or a mild flare (ALine) tops/blousons are apt for this shape
3. Don’t wear any top, that has a fit and flare, or design detail, embellishment, pattern around the waist. It will highlight the roundness of the midriff.
4. All design details of the top should be around the shoulder area or hem of the dress.
5. The uneven hemline of tops and small scale will print create interest in the outfit.
6. Never tuck in your tops if you have a heavy midriff.
7. Tops with elasticated hems or peplum is a complete no.
8. Avoid button down shirts when you have a fuller midriff, it will create a gapping when you sit down
9. Short tunics that flow over the bodywork really well.