Opt for wider / lower necklines such as deep V, boat neckline to give an illusion of a broader shoulder.
All types of sleeves look good, however, halter necks work the best in a casual environment and 3/4th looks best in a formal setting.
Diamond Body Shape women will have a rounded midriff area, hence the tops that you choose should be such that they don’t attract attention to the midriff.
1. Wear fabrics that flow over the body and don’t cling or stick out to the body. So opt for fabrics like georgette, poly cotton, soft cotton and avoid fabrics like brocade or hosiery.
2. Straight fit or a mild flare (ALine) tops/blousons are apt for this shape
3. Don’t wear any top, that has a fit and flare, or design detail, embellishment, pattern around the waist. It will highlight the roundness of the midriff.
4. All design details of the top should be around the shoulder area or hem of the dress.
5. The uneven hemline of tops and small scale will print create interest in the outfit.
6. Never tuck in your tops if you have a heavy midriff.
7. Tops with elasticated hems or peplum is a complete no.
8. Avoid button down shirts when you have a fuller midriff, it will create a gapping when you sit down
9. Short tunics that flow over the bodywork really well.