- Flared types of denim like a bootcut / wide leg with a defined waist will look great for this body type.
- Belts are a good way, and you can create an illusion of a waist curve with a contrasting belt for your denim.
- If you are a small to medium body frame, then patterned denim around the hips and bum work well.
- Invest in Denim that can be worn with tops in a way to give an illusion of a waistline.
- Mid waisted denim is perfect for all body types, but your body type can also wear low waisted denim, that create a flow in leg line.
1. Wear skirts that have a flat fronted elastic band/side zipper/buttons.
2. Whether its straight fit or A-line, keep the waistline empty and simple.
3. The uneven hemline of the skirt will create interest in the outfit.
4. Wear skirts that are at least knee length to give an illusion of length in the body.
5. Avoid fancy belts, gathered waist skirts or any skirts with a cinched waist. Also, avoid any type of design detail around the waist.
6. Wear fabrics that flow over the body and don’t cling or stick out to the body. So opt for fabrics like poly cotton, Polyester with elastane, soft cotton and avoid fabrics like hosiery.
8. It is a myth that people with midriff should wear low waist skirts. Low waist skirts will let your stomach hanging, hence always opt for mid waist.
Diamond Body Shape women have a heavier midriff as compared to their upper and lower body.
1. Women with this body shape should wear pants that fall straight and no attention to the midriff.
2. Avoid fancy belts, gathered waist pants or any pants with a cinched waist.
3. If you wear narrow fit or fitted pants, opt for a pull-up style / elasticated waist that sits comfortably on your stomach.
4. Wear pants that are flat fronted, avoiding design detail on the waist.
5. Wear fabrics that flow over the body and don’t cling or stick out to the body. So opt for fabrics like poly cotton, Polyester with elastane, soft cotton and avoid fabrics like hosiery.
6. Pants with side zip work better, rather than pants with front buttons.
7. It is a myth that people with midriff should wear low waist pants. Low waist pants will let your stomach hanging, hence always opt for mid waist.
1.The aim while buying skirts is to add volume to the lower body, wear skirts with pleats and fancy belts to add visual weight to the lower body.
2. Since your lower body is narrower than your body, avoid the skinny fits. The skinny fits will highlight the narrowness of your lower body and in turn, will visually make it seems heavier upper body then it actually is.
3. Have design details highlighting your thighs and hips. Any design detail on the thighs or hips will widen the lower body.
4. Make A-line, flared your best friend. Straight fit should be your second choice for skirts. if you are medium to large then you can wear straight fits.
5. Buy lighter colors it will add an illusion of width to your body
6. Don’t buy styles or shapes that styles and shapes that will have have a slimming effect on your lower body.
7. You can also wear thicker fabrics like an organza or thick cotton
8. Opt for print / pattern that are medium spaced and give an illusion of width
Printed Pants are my personal favourites. When styled well they can take you from day to night and from one occasion to another.
As we discussed in our earlier post on “Focal Point” , every outfit can have only one hero. While using a printed pant be very careful of the size of print, pattern, fabric and most important your own body shape.
Dont restrict your printed pants just for a casual day or casual outing, be smart in using different types of blousons, tops, knits and accessories.
Culottes are fun to wear in summers, monsoons, and winters. Basically, Culottes are not seasonal and it’s a myth that they are part of casual outfit only.
When teamed well, culottes can take you from day to night, from a casual event to a formal business wear as well.
The culottes look very intimidating because if not styled correctly, it is not forgiving.